Tuesday, June 14, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge [Part 1]

The Miami Heat lost, the Mavs won their first Larry O'Brien Trophy, and Lebron is still a bitch. All is well in the world. But in all seriousness, I'm already sick and tired of people bashing on Lebron James. EVERYONE has an opinion; whereas at the same time last year, no one really had anything to say about basketball. I guess David Stern got what he wanted, but this is going to be a giant headache after people realize this might be the last basketball we see in 2011.

Generally, I do not like self-absorbed, egotistic, condescending, (insert clever word describing Lebron's personality), woe-is-me personalities which makes the outcome of Game 6 all the more gratifying. As Lebron approached Bosh after time expired, Bosh did not move while Lebron embraced him. I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but Bosh has become the martyr for the Big Three dynasty as he receives the largest amount of criticism and least amount of praise. During the playoffs, he provided consistent offense and clutch defense. Sure, Wade and Lebron had the most points, but they also took about three times as many shots combined than Bosh did. He obviously did not want any attention, and Miami was the perfect place. Unfortunately, he's automatically going to be apart of the three-headed scapegoat. Maybe the Bulls and the Heat can swap 4's? One can only hope.

I've always wanted to do the "30 Day Song Challenge." I don't really feel like doing it over 30 days, so I'm going to split them into different parts.

Day 01 - Your favorite song
The Beatles' "Eleanor Rigby" was song introduced to me by my music teacher from junior high. Not only did he teach me how to play piano (not really), but he introduced me to the most influential band in history. I have no idea how I didn't listen to them while I lived in Chicago.



Day 02 - Your least favorite song

I hate any song by Ke$ha, specifically "Blow" because that song blows and it makes me want to go insane..



Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
"Make Noise" by Audiodax is a song that always makes me happy. I'm not really sure why, but it does.



Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
I'm sure that there are songs that are sadder, but this is one that comes straight from the top of my head. The peaceful melody combined with the well-written lyrics in "So Sick" makes this ballad sadder than it needs to be. It's good, but it doesn't exactly make one jump for joy.



Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
For about 3 years I had "Hey Mama" as the song to let me know my mom was calling me. When Kanye was once sane, he made music that was easy to listen to because creativity comes quick if you're easily inspired.



I guess I have to blog again within the next 4 days to finish the challenge. And here we go..

No comments:

Post a Comment