Thursday, June 14, 2012

Release

The original theme of this blog was based on my love for movies. I wrote as if as though I was documenting my life as a movie. It has been a surreal experience, but an error in perception. I viewed it through the camera lens of a director trying to control everything and appease his/her producer. That constant pursuit of perfection can be magnificent or detrimental. It's time to move on. I'm moving on to the release of this "movie" blog and moving forward. My integrity hasn't changed since graduating, but my mentality has changed. I am open to enjoy my experiences but against wasting time. I'm enjoying my breaks and working hard when necessary. It's what's expected in post-college life, but it should not be assumed. "Oh, I'm a real adult now. I'll get a job and start living life." Wrong. We started living life once we were conceived by our parents. It's never too late to start living a life without regret. I enjoyed my time writing this blog. I really did wish I wrote more, but there hasn't been the same motivation or allotted time to write essays. However, I will continue to write when I can, regardless of where I am in life. The title is "Release" and not just because that's one of the last steps in movie production. It describes the release of my youthful worries and inexperience becoming adult worries and inexperience. Life is constantly changing, but the core of everything remains. My next blog, which is temporarily named the Barking 20's (after the Roaring 20's and I'm currently in my 20's), will begin with a series on "Identity" and my current perception/opinion. Afterwards, I won't really have any idea which direction it will go, but that's what I'm going to do for the time being. It's been fun; let's keep it going

No comments:

Post a Comment