Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pre-Production

I'm in the midst of possible my hardest non-finals week of college. The irony is that I never had an easier schedule. The concepts are easier to grasp after learning the basic fundamental ideas of physics and chemistry COMBINED as well as being a cultured American. For every good day in life, there comes a bad day. Working endless hours on a lab report only to fumble and lose the flash with all its hard work has made every fun day of college seem like a waste. As my life sits in a ditch, I take joy in the little things to distract myself from the big things.

Music. The aspect about human beings is the harmony, melody, and grace that comes from our culture. From the caveman's clanging of tools to Mozart's symphonies, music has inspired generations. Listening to music has been the drug of choice for the past hour (or few long nights).

Movies. Where would we be without the invention of the light bulb? I admire Edison's knack for being a giant asshole because he pioneered the way for movies to exist decades later. Movies today come in all sorts. Good. Bad. Terrible. Hell.

(Insert picture of any free movie on On Demand.)

Blogging was a pastime I enjoyed while being bored at work or home. I've been living life to the fullest. Doing work ahead of time and spending the rest of the day hanging out with friends. Living in the now while balancing the future. But I lost sight of what really matters - the future. Everything that exists is an investment. It's just a matter of putting time and effort into it. College is one expensive investment. Time to make the most of what I have left.

After this week, I promise to return with better updates about food, movies, sports, music, and politics. On a side note, what are the odds of getting pierced by a broken bat? Next year's Cubbies look promising. Under Quade, we've been above .500! So what's that say about Lou?

Has it really been 21 years? Nope. About to be 22 in several hours. I am not looking forward to it. The same old routine, year after year, has lost its meaning. It only marks the years that have past and not the experiences gained. Is that what growing up is about? I miss the days where I could wind down with an episode of The Rugrats and play with my Transformer toys. Eating ice cream on a hot summer day after playing with Nerf guns and running in circles. Pogs, Pokemon, and Warheads were the "in". Girls had cooties. I could have been a doctor, a lawyer, a fireman, or even a superhero. Stepping a foot of snow and being sucked up to my hip in white fluff. Eating strawberry cake and wearing conical hats with my family. Fearlessly roaming the streets of Chicago on foot. Being amazed by the simplest things.

I miss it all.

One year later, my regrets have not changed. Why do I keep doing chemistry?!?!?! Time to go back to studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment