Thursday, March 24, 2011

Invigorated

Limitless was an intense movie. It felt like I was rolling, tripping, freaking out, flying, chilling, or any of those euphoric feelings from drugs all at once. There was information being fed to the ears while so much was moving visually. Or maybe I just couldn't keep up with the plot. heh. Bradley Cooper did a good job of portraying different personas for one character. He looked like a crackhead and a speeddemon all in the same movie without making it seem like he was ever sober.

I just started listening to Ian Axel's This Is The New Year album. Pretty upbeat with a retro feel. The Strokes, Jack Johnson, and Blink 182 all playing in one band. Well, not that great. But that's the closest I can describe it.

I hung out with the old crew. Some things change, some things don't. I talked to a friend about getting tattoos. We're looking to get some during the summer. At one point we realized that we're 22 years young. A distant 17 years old seemed like ages ago. It seemed like time flew by while at the same time it seemed like time was moving slowly. It was a crazy feeling to realize that we just aged. Even though we knew we were still young, we felt as though time had effortlessly turned forward.

I realized the motivation, the drive, the dreams that drove me during high school. It sucks being out of shape, a shell of my former self. Basketball has never been more fun. New basketball shoes? Hopefully soon. (Wow, the song "The Music That Haunts This Town" has a Beethoven feel to it. I didn't even realize it was a classical song.) Being home I realized how great my mom's cooking is. She made bibimbap (mixed rice with vegetables) the first night I was home. Then she made kalbi (Korean bbq ribs) the next. Sushi maki rolls. Bibim-nengmyun (spicy buckwheat noodles). Fresh strawberries. Korean pears. Fuji apples. Samgyetang (Korean chicken soup). Asparagus. There's been so much food I feel like I'm in heaven!

I feel like I've caught up with sleep after going sleep-deprived for weeks. Sleep is good. Being sick during spring break has been pretty fun so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment