Monday, April 4, 2011

Stress up the wazoo

With a month left of school, I don't know how to feel about graduating. I met many people I've come to like and dislike; I learned a lot about a major I've come to like and dislike. It sucks realizing that after four years I really should never have came to this school. This school is too conservative and ignorance is plentiful. I blame most of what's happened on me but where would I have been if the school actually cared about student. On that note, I really am the Tin Man/Nick Chopper.

There's one of those life experiences that people will never forget. Meeting a tattoo artist, two townies, a gullible man, and a violent man pretty much changed my view in life. I simply never want to deal with bullshit. I feel colder to most people these days. Maybe I should take anger management classes, or maybe smoke a shit load of weed.


I got chewed out by my mom. She pretty much knew my recklessness in high school. But she gave me the benefit of the doubt and hoped it was just my youth. Nope. It apparently got worse as I came to the school surrounded by cornfields. Getting out of here does make sense for all parties involved. When I walk away with my diploma, I will have inherited thousands in debt, hundreds of acquaintances, a handful of close friends, and a few lingering regrets.

Playing the guitar again has been pretty fun. I find the challenge of remembering anything I learned to be great enough to the point that I want keep playing until I learn it all again.

In 4 hours I have one homework assignment due. In 7 hours I have another two homework assignments due. In 11 hours I have to meet with an official. In 12 hours I have to go home for the night. In 25 hours I have to meet with a family friend. In 26 hours I have to come back to Champaign for a lab report due in 30 hours.

Life temporarily sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment