Monday, April 25, 2011

Post-Dream Conference

It's been nearly two days, four times waking up, and almost 36 hours since I woke up from that dream. It's crazy to think about what kind of dream I had, but the impact it's had on my life is starting to unfold.

Almost an hour after I finished my last blog post, I told one of my roommates about the dream. The dreams he has are crazy; the dreams I have are crazy. Simply, we share many of those dreams. This time was different. After I told him everything, he told me if I have been talking with either my mom or brother. It's been awhile, but my brother and I facebook message each other every now and then. It's enough to the point we talk to each other often enough to keep each other updated. My mom and I usually talk in spurts. A lot here and there, almost never during the other times. This cycle has been in the 'almost never' since spring break ended. After grilling and baking during the whole day, my mom called me. It was pretty awkward, but good to hear that she was alive. Every day I'm learning something new. I realized how much my family means to me. The empty void I felt during my dream is something I want to avoid in reality. Death is inevitable, which makes the people around you that much more important because of the (lack of) time you have with them.



Pretty enjoyable watch. It doesn't have to relate to life all the time, but it's something to think about for the future. Love?



Random Thought: 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with these childish things." You don't have to be religious to realize that the Bible has some of the simplest ideas and turns into something greater. That chapter in particular talks about love. Crazy how I thought about my family then and I remembered this random chapter.

The NBA playoffs are sick! I'm hoping the Thunder play the Grizzlies (Thunder in 6), Lakers play the Blazers (Lakers in 6), and then the Thunder grind out a 7-game series with the Lakers to play the Bulls in the Finals. I'm hoping the Bulls clinch against the Pacers on Tuesday (to play the Hawks) on the same night the Blackhawks rally to clinch Game 7 against the Canucks. How epic would a double clincher for Chicago be?! The Cubs are winning and losing appropriately. This year isn't the year, but I can't wait until June to see Starlin and Barney get hot!

What should I do after graduation? Move out of the city that I'm most comfortable in? Start a new life in a new city to meet the challenges I've been craving as of late? Run off to a different country for a different routine? Get a job, or continue school?

Immediate things to do: - finish Wiki project - do well on finals - get better endurance for basketball - lift - catch up on new music for April - daily routines

No comments:

Post a Comment