Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Journey Renewed

It's been awhile since I've done this. I wanted to update what's going on in the NBA playoffs (the Bulls are struggling but still 2-0) and music (different playlists for different moods), as well as mention the revolutions taking place throughout the world. I'd like to touch on how the nation is struggling to stick to its identity, while other nations are better hiding their own (even if they aren't bad). Or how everything involving chemistry has become mundane, while everything else catches my eye so easily. There's a time and place for things. It'll happen when it happens.

I haven't been a very religious person in years, but I started reading this article I saw in my Facebook news-feed. Normally, I don't care about links that other people share because I tend to read what I want to read. Lately, I rarely go on Facebook, much less read about what's going on in other people's lives. I want to communicate with people directly and not depend on the internet as a medium. I'm a little old-fashioned, but hand writing letters isn't far-fetched to me at all.

To get back on track, I clicked on a link that I probably wouldn't have seen or cared to look at any other day. To my surprise, it was about The Second Coming of Jesus. I thought it pertained to the music industry and how the Devil runs the show. There was a greater meaning that I never thought about before. I still have to finish the article, but there was something in the article that sparked some curiosity. The relevance between birthdays (xx/xx/19xx) and bible verses (Book: xx:xx). I didn't really think of it too much but I tried (and continue trying) it out for myself.

Genesis: "But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father's nakedness. Their faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father's nakedness."
Exodus: "When Moses stretched out his staff toward the sky, the Lord sent thunder and hail, and lightning flashed to the ground. So the Lord rained hail on the land of Egypt;"
Leviticus: "Moses and Aaron then went into the Tent of Meeting. When they came out, they blessed the people; and the glory of the Lord appeared to all the people."
Numbers: "At the Lord's command they encamped, and at the Lord's command they set out. They obeyed the Lord's order, in accordance with his command through Moses."
Deuteronomy: "And when the Lord sent you out from Kadesh Barnea, he said, 'Go up and take possession of the land I have given you.' But you rebelled against the command of the Lord your God. You did not trust him or obey him."

Those were the verses from the first five books of the Bible known as the Pentateuch or the Laws of Moses. I'm still thinking and reflecting about life in all its splendor. Now, this is something I will probably keep in mind for the time being. Time to resume school and sleeplessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment