Friday, April 29, 2011

Distracted

Two hours spent at the library and only learned one concept that is of no use at all. Thirteen hours until two deadlines and physically have nothing to turn in. Procrastination at its best? I should have been a business major. I hustled the heck out of people to get the answers and work done. It baffles me how much better I am at doing accounting, finance, and marketing things than I am at gel electrophoresis, column chromatography, and Schlenk lines. Too late now. Or is it? Too much to think of at the moment.

I really want to do work, but distraction comes so easily when there's no pressure.

I want to:
-make a new playlist
-play basketball
-look for new shoes (basketball, dress, running, and casual)
-catch up on reading books, magazines, and blogs
-finish my mega-thesis about the historical and political contrast between the Great Depression and the Great Recession, as well as its connection to the inevitable Pax Sinica that's about to dominate for centuries
-watch the Office
-learn the next set of chords for the guitar
-wash the remaining six to eight loads of dirty clothes
-dream about places to visit after graduation
-discuss the word play on '**** is where my heart lies'
-buy supplements for the mind and body (jack3d, protein, choline citrate, and piracetem)
-experience the Bulls winning a championship in person
-find my Garden of Eden
-do some QT
-go home
-complete everything required for my lingering mistake
-make that failed music video from last summer
-lease an apartment/house that isn't constantly dirty
-share daily tasks with my future wife so they don't become heavy burdens for the both of us
-figure out if I even want to get married
-make a video with my kids

-dream a new dream
-list the 30 day music challenge without having to do more than one song in one day
-keep up with the good mood I've been
-discover another forgotten $20 bill in my jeans
-be in two places at once

That was a relief. Time to return to restriction mapping and completing my terrible Wikipedia page..

No comments:

Post a Comment